View Single Post

Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

bought in the villages because the seller accepted an offer we never thought she would!

seriously, because of the lifestyle that the villages offers. i figured since tv has its own polo club/fields - this is the kind of community i could grow accustomed to! however, if the villages was coastal rather than central, polo club or not, we probably would not have bought a house here.

my permanent residence is but one mile from the ocean at the jersey shore, so we have all of the ocean, coastline, tourists, and change of seasons that anyone could want. but we also have hurricanes - irene and sandy of late. central florida also maintains the change of seasons that we grew up with and are used to and enjoy - and it has all of that without snow and without the likelihood of severe damage from hurricanes.

although we are snowflakes now, if the opportunity ever presents itself, i will not hesitate to become a permanent florida/villages resident.