View Single Post

Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
If we all live to be 100+ or more, will we still have peer pressure?
Great observation / query..........

All of the long lived Vermonters we read about daily in our newspapers up here , seemed to have been raised on farms.........partaking of all of the food groups, including dairy, eggs, chicken, etc..........and I'm sure....veggies.

What some folks are missing in thinking it's only the food we consume that contributes to the possibility of getting cancer...........or heart disease, I think it's more the pharmaceuticals this modern generation overdoses on.

So many very very young women with aggressive breast cancers; dying of such after the best of treatment......in their 30's and early 40's.
We know quite a few.

Could it possibly be the birth control pills and such? Tampering with nature and its hormones? It isn't just food....and it isn't always just genetics although genes do play a role in who might get cancer.

As far as the big pharmaceutical companies flipping and flopping on the newest little pill of the moment and then doing a recall or stating that there's a class action law suit for those who were harmed by such pharmaceuticals**..............or,does anyone really listen to the side effects for each drug they push on the evening news commercials????? They are worse than the original ailment.

**or medical procedures such as faulty hip replacements, etc.

Longevity might be a gift........for some. All of the ones we've known had a "young at heart" attitude, daily simple exercise like a walk......not killing themselves on the treadmill or with personal trainers........and enjoyed all food groups, excluding none. They've always been a joy to have at our gatherings.........and now we are the age they were, and we miss them all. I'd say "sense of humor" and not obsessing over every little morsel of food, having a good and kind spirit, will lead to a good long life.

Does anyone really want to be in the company of anyone obsessing over their daily meals? Someone with a varied interest in a vast amount of subjects...........would be interesting to have at any of our summer barbecues.