View Single Post

Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
Here are a few posts from a lyme forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, my first "diagnosis" was fibro, and I went 25 years looking for what it was.

Then I found out I actually got Lyme disease, from a known tick bite. I can date every symptom, which makes it very clear for me - 18 months later, I had full-blown fibro.

When I found out it was Lyme, I tried to contact as many folks as I could from my fibro days, and by then, in the mid 2000s, they had found out it was Lyme, and some had co-infections.

Also, if you watch the Lyme film, "Under Our Skin," which you can do for free at Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu, you will see many Lyme patients saying they were first diagnosed with fibro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I had fibromyalgia and when I was done with Lyme treatment it was gone, too. Lyme definitely caused the fibro.

Initially, I was diagnosed with FM and CFIDS. The fibro pain has improved greatly since being on the correct treatment
-------------------------------------------------------
From EAPennsylvania

Fibro usually IS Lyme.

I think lyme and fibro is the same thing.

An LLND came and spoke at a support group meeting. She stated that 95% of all people diagnosed with Fibromyalgia test positive for Lyme (IGeneX criteria). And where there is a positive Lyme test, there is likely also coinfection issues.
What is the exact treatment for Lyme Disease........antibiotics?
Which brand name? Thanks in advance.