View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Are there no private golf clubs here? Up north there were plenty of private clubs where you paid your annual dues and played unlimited golf. Here, I'm told that because I own a home here that I am a "member" of all of these so called "country clubs". But even though I am a member, I have to pay a green fee. I understand that none of the courses have an annual dues.
When I look for reviews of these country clubs, mostly I see how good or bad the food is and how nice it is to have cocktails on the patio.
I gave up golf a few years back because of a number of orthopedic issues, but thought that I might give it a try again.
I was a decent player at one time and would play and practice every day. It seems that that would be extremely expensive here unless one wants to play what they call "executive" courses which are really mostly par 3 courses.
Are there no course or clubs that have annual dues with no green fee in this area?
No. NOT within The Villages. I can't help but be very surprised that you don't know this because you have been here for quite some while. But at our house Golf is spelled with a capital G...lol.

And I wouldn't be quick to dismiss some of the executive courses. Playing from the back tees on Pelican is no baby game.