View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Gold member
Cool Ranting goofiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
I don't play golf and know very little about the game, so if these questions seem stupid..please excuse me.

(If someone could explain to me if I'm wrong on any of this) If I understand things correctly if you live in TV & pay your monthly amenity fee you can play gold for "free" on any of the "executive" courses. However, "free" only applies IF you are walking the course. If you are driving a golf cart you are charged a $4 trail fee. Correct?

However..the cart trail fee is not for the "cart" it is charged per person. So if two people are playing golf using one cart the fee is $8 and not $4? And 3 people cannot use 1 cart even though some carts seat 4 people, correct? Now if two people are riding in the cart and only one is playing, the fee is still $8. Correct or wrong?

If the trail fee is collected to help pay for the costs of maintaining the trails and fixing up any cart damage, would it not make sense to have less carts on the trail? So if two people are riding in one cart and pay $8 for a trail fee, there is no real encouragement to ride together and thus have less carts using the trail..and I guess..less wear & tear. Correct?

As they say on talk radio..I'll hang up & wait for the answer.
Some people just cannot get the drift of messages. These grandparents were not aware of the rec center rules and when told, had no problem. The goofy rules and the true story is that the golf cart the grandson would be riding in was to stay on the cart paths, the grandson was to stay in the golf cart, there was no additional wear and tear on the golf course, it is not up to the golf administration to decide if three people were comfortable in sharing the a golf cart, only two people were going to play golf, the option was for all three to go home which acomplished nothing bou two open tee times, and the charge of a $4 trail fee seems to be a little over the top. Not a single person in the golfing grouf felt the rec center rules were out of place and in fact felt the rules were good. Ralph, just you and a few others seem to grasp the issue. Thanks!!!