View Single Post

Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
Looks like an awfully big area to be served by the Lake Sumter facility.
It might seem like that by looking at it from the prespective of the layout of the centers on the map, but they are probably planning on assigning Villages on the basis of their populations. As for the LSL center, the distance for their prospective patients would have to probably travel at least the same distance or more if they're going to a practice outside the Villages Health Care Centers.

Here's another way of looking at things if you're considering the capacity of the centers to handle the population. Based on the figures I've heard about, if you take the number of centers planned (7) and multiply them by the anticipated number of doctors at each center (8) and then the maximum load capacity per doctor (IIRC 2,500) you'll find a potential capacity for 140,000 patients.

Seeing that TV has just passed the 100,000 resident mark and build out not being far off, and considering that you'll never see anywhere near 100% of the residents joining or participating in the VHCC's, I don't think that there is any foreseeable problem for anyone who wants to join the system to eventually do so.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"