View Single Post

Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
Sorting thru some stuff recently and came across some VHS video tapes.
I'd like to convert them to DVD format before the tapes break or degenerate in quality any further. Also found some cassettes from from a video camera which I no longer have and might consider converting some of them as well.
Does anyone know of a villager or a business in The Villages who can do a good job on such conversions???
Just hooked up my old VHS tape player last nite and my wife and I watched a video of our wedding 25 years ago. Very much fun. Would like to per serve these memories.
If you are so inclined, you can purchase and download a computer program via the internet called "Easy VHS to DVD" made by Roxio that will perform the coversion easily at home via your computer. You just hook up your VCR to the computer and off you go. I did this myself as it is very easy and the quality was excellent. I converted VHS tapes/movies and older video camera tapes to DVD that we watch via the DVD player on our large screen TV. We also watched our wedding and reception videos that I converted to DVD. Makes us really glad we did it ourselves.