Thread: VA Backlog
View Single Post

Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM

My husband was a vet that had always received a benefit of 10% from VietNam, at age 62 he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. He had a tumor in his spine and was operated on in Seattle, DR said to file for 100% compensation because this was an agent orange cancer. With the help of the American Legion service officer and writing to our state senator, Ted Stevens, my husband received his increase in 3 months. Unfortunately he passed away but the expedite helped us tremendously with his health issues as I could no longer work and was 100% caregiver for 4 years. So things become more prevalent as we age as our immune systems decline and the vets in these foreign wars after being exposed to dangerous toxic chemicals are now being diagnosed with cancers related to those exposures. I am sure we will continue to see more in the years to come as they age. God bless them. Keep on your senator if your in of need help, go to the top and you would be surprised who's willing to help you. I was shocked, didn't think anyone would pay attention to our problems and Uncle Ted did help us tremendously and always kept in touch to see how my husband was doing.