View Single Post

Old 03-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Gold member

NOTE: I copied this from an email Ron McMahon sent out. He encourages passing the information on, hope this will answer some of your questions regarding the traffic issue near Colony Cottage Rec Center.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I welcome this issues "newcomers" and hope you all find NewsShorts both interesting and informative.

The Colony Cottage Rec Center Traffic Jam - REVISITED

In case you missed it ... I did as apparently this month's CDD7 Board Meeting report wasn't in today's Daily Sun (Saturday March 16th) ... your CDD7 Board of Supervisors have (finally) been able to begin the process to resolve the car / cart traffic congestion problem issue down on Colony Blvd. near Colony Cottage Recreation Center. But like everything else, it's still going to take a while.

The Board received the engineers traffic report and mitigation recommendation for the intersection, and found that, while expensive, the primary alternative is consistent with Florida DOT recommendations and applications in similar situations. Following considerable discussion to ensure all members fully understood the options and alternative costs, the Board adopted a motion to (temporarily) install traffic signage on Colony Blvd. warning of the Golf Cart Crossing ahead , and forwarded a request to the Project Wide Advisory Committee to incorporate the Colony Blvd. roadway into the Project Wide umbrella of responsibility and concurrently adopt the engineers primary recommendation to install a traffic signal (stop light) at the intersection location.

It is anticipated that the Project Wide Committee will accept both the responsibility and the recommendation and move forward with all due speed to initiate and complete the installation during the coming summer months while both car and cart traffic are at the least congestive.

First I want to thank everyone who uses that cart / car intersection for their due diligence over the past several months in proceeding with the care and caution which has resulted in few serious incidents. At the same time, I ask that we all continue for the next few months with the same patience and understanding while final design and installation is pursued. And, of course, I would hope that those who find this resolution to be unsatisfactory, for whatever reason, would bear in mind that there is no perfect solution, but that this has been pursued with all due diligence to affect the solution believed to be both consistent with existing and acceptable DOT traffic guidelines and at the same time finding an action we believe to be in the best consideration of and for the SAFETY of all drivers and riders crossing in all directions.

PS: And with all due respect, I'm sure the Daily Sun will report tomorrow or soon on the actions at our Friday meeting, I just won't know about it as I am now out of town until next weekend.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><>

NOTED: NewsShorts is now distributed to over 400 e-mail addresses, and counting neighbor, group and club "forwarding" and spouse sharing, we believe it reaches over 1000 readers. The next level is to reach 500 addresses, SO ... if you think NewsShorts is worthwhile information, please feel free to pass it on to friends, neighbors and social groups you belong to, inviting them to sign up for their own copy simply by sending me an e-mail to this address, CDD7.News@gmail.com. I need to receive a Name, a Street Address and a the Village or Villa name. AND, if there is a District or local issue you want to question or discuss, it's the same e-mail address. Issues of neighborhood or general interest will be addressed in future issues.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><>

If anyone wishes to be deleted from this distribution, simply 'reply' to this e-mail "asking out".

Ron McMahon, CDD#7
Board of Supervisors Seat #5