View Single Post

Old 03-28-2013, 06:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
In reviewing the posts it is apparent that some do not even recognize the freedoms that they have actually lost to date nor that this present Adminisistration is in the process of stiking the coup de grace "concerning our freedoms.

An employee of mine once told me that her Daddy advise her to keep her friends close and her enemies closer. I agreed but then explained to her the real talent was to learn who are your friends and who are your enemies. That is the manner in which I view much.

The media does not report the news that make it up tell you what they want you to hear. In my view the closest to honesty is the WSJ because their interests are primarily economic

The American people are angry at both parties and the American people do not trust their government any longer. i can't tell you number of people I know who refuse to discusss politics any longer because they cannot do so in a measured manner.

We need strong leaders who will not bend to the political winds but make the necessary decisions that will return this democracy to its rightful place.
Much of what you stated are non-specific generalizations and hyperbole.... exaggeration!

People of all stripes are "always" dissatisfied with some aspect of their leadership in any situation.... including government.

The problem with "real world problems".... they are very intertwined and complicated. There often is not a perfect solution. Do nothing, one group complains. Do something, somebody else criticizes it.

I think we are living in a time with one of the the best incarnation of any government ever... it enables more personal liberty and freedom than has existed in this world so far... at least in recorded history.

There will always be the Yin and Yang of issues that are at odds. Our government enables corrections to be made. Sometimes there may be a misfire or over-correction. If certain changes are not working, it will adjust.

Relax!