View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 AM
Sage

How I first learned about TV was from some local townspeople up here who had parents living in THE VILLAGES. They spread the word to all of us about how great TV was.
They all hoped and dreamed about moving to TV and would visit the old folks as often as they could........last we heard, these three couples never did move to TV.
However, they did love it.

As far as NOT liking it, my daughter's brother in law, about our age and single, visited it for ONE DAY at the request of his friend. The Vermont friend has a winter home in TV. Well, I asked him what they did? He said they did take the boat ride on Lake Sumter Landing..........I believe they saw Spanish Springs, etc.

Then he drove back to the beach (Atlantic Coast) where he was renting a place.

His opinion was that TV was "PHONY" and "AN ADULT DISNEY WORLD" and "NOT FOR ME".....meaning him. I had asked him if they drove around to see "ALL" of the various villages and he replied that he had seen enough and that it was "ARTIFICIAL".

This same man experienced FOUR MUD SEASONS last spring due to the thaw, freezing, thaw, freezing, and again and again..............anyone who has lived in a state that still has DIRT ROADS knows what I mean..........but, he was just stating his opinion.

Obviously, we do not agree with him.......so don't shoot the messenger. Oh, the biggest thing he harps on when we gather for holidays or family get togethers is that he could never ever live in a place that was all R's. I can't believe that everyone in TV is an R. It doesn't matter to us.....but just telling you what the L.D. might perceive TV to be.