View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I see you are speaking about a moving company.

The relocation service offered by The Villages did not help us at all.

Others have said that it did, but the realtors they select for you..must pay a portion of their fee to The Villages, kind of not a motivating factor to really put your house at the top of their list

Just my very humble opinon.

See, I don't think everything from The Villages is perfect.

Just a whole lot.
That's interesting to know, Gracie. We too were offered relocation help through TV, and had such a bad experience with our realtor that we took the condo off the market after one month. Absolutely nothing was done to put the condo forth--no advertising, no open houses, no contacting other realtors for feedback after showings--and no checking on the place as promised when we were out of the country for three weeks for our son's wedding.

That was actually the last straw: someone showed the place, left the sliders wide open to the deck facing a busy marina (where all could see), and used the bathroom. (I'll leave it to the imagination as to how we discovered that. Thank goodness it was Ron and not I.) Our neighbor walked by and noticed the sliders; went in and closed and locked the place up, then emailed us.

Also, nothing was said about a fee going back to TV. We would not have gone with them had we known.