View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
Overcrowding is an issue with me. From Jan-April, traffic is at a stand still and there are SO many people down here, you can't move. I worry about more and more coming down over the next few years to the point where it will be impossible to get around, even in a cart.
Really? Today, the last Friday in March, I played tennis in the a.m., bridge at a rec center in the p.m. and met friends for dinner at a country club. Didn't have to wait for courts, plenty of tables left at bridge, and only a short wait for dinner. Tried Havana again and most of us were quite pleased with our dinner and service - and there was good entertainment.

Drove my golf cart to all of these, maybe had to wait for 1 or 2 carts at busy intersections - at what would be rush hour anywhere else. No traffic lights to pass through. Maybe I had to wait 30 seconds to make a left turn onto Canal St. Sorry, but I was able to move just fine, and didn't find it impossible, or even slightly difficult, to get anywhere I went today.

By the way, none of these location was in my village, or the next one or two adjacent ones.