View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
There's an interesting sub-text running all through this thread. There are many posters who seem dumbfounded as to why everyone 55+ wouldn't love TV and there must be something wrong with those who don't.
I find myself in agreement with Mack. We personally love The Villages, but there is nothing wrong with people who don't love TV!! Many people choose to retire in other communities. This doesn't make them stupid or jealous or boring or lazy or chronic complainers or anti social.

I think Suzi said it beautifully:

"For those people who live and enjoy the amenities of a large city center - they may have difficulty imagining themselves in an "isolated" community. In the same way, those who live in a small rural town with considerable open fields/woods might find TV rather compact with small lots and close neighbors. There are millions of people across this beautiful country and this place will not be for everyone. Nor should we expect everyone to understand our choice to live here. There is nothing wrong with our or others opinions."