View Single Post

Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Tom, this didn't sound right to me as I had issued temporary inspection stickers many times when I was a Supervising MV Rep with the NYS DMV.

Being retired now for about 11 years I checked to see if this is still the case and found may be. I quote "If you must renew the registration before you get a NYS inspection, call 1-518-402-2111." from the departments website at NYS DMV - Vehicle Safety, Inspection, Repairs and Dealers. You'll need to scroll down to the section titled "What if the NYS inspection expires while my vehicle is in another state?"

I'm not sure of your exact situation, but if you want to pursue this further, call the phone number shown above.
Interesting. I'll look into this. I had sent my $99.50 to NYS Motor Vehicles and they returned it with a note the car must have a valid NYS inspection. My inspection expired in March of 2012. Registration expired March 2, 2013. We are not sure if we should bring the Mini back to NY or not. In the Villages we have two cars and two golf carts. Plenty of transportation. On Long Island all we have is my wifes other car. A bit of a hassle getting around. Especially with all the friend I have in the north. I also have some ex customers who want to have me work for them as a consultant.