View Single Post

Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 PM

Visit a couple of country clubs and have lunch or dinner there. You should also check at least one of each of the different sized recreation centers. You have to spend an evening at each of the town squares and, definitely go on a market night or some other special event. Even though you'll be staying in a really nice home during your visit, resist the temptation to do your own cooking. Get out to eat at as many restaurants as possible to see what's available.

Go to at least one movie. The theater at Paddock Square is really a nice place but all the theaters are great.

Your golf cart is going to be really, really slow, but that's a great way to see things without rushing. Drive your cart everywhere that you can. I enjoyed getting lost and asking people for directions. It's a great way to see things and a great way to meet people.

I've been to The Villages twice and didn't bring my checkbook on either occasion, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. If you see exactly what you want, you shouldn't wait to purchase it because building lots and pre-owned homes move fast.

Absolutely, take the trolley tour. Your sales representative will be a wealth of information but you've got to ask a lot of questions. Don't expect them to "hard-sell" you on TV; the place sells itself.

Above all, enjoy your visit.