View Single Post

Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Default Many Blessing for your family

May God bless your family and support you in this difficult time.

As others have mentioned, I am reminded of my own father's passing. He just dropped dead in the company of my mother while there were returning a rental car after a wonderful train ride from Louisiana to Maryland to visit me and my children. Through the kindness of strangers (the employees in the rental car office who administered CPR) a heartbeat was restored. We let him go 22 hours later at the hospital, but in those 22 hours he was surrounded by family and friends and we were able to say goodbye. This was a while ago and we were only allowed two at a time in the room with him. Everyone came out saying that even though they spoke words of comfort to him that he did not respond. I went in the room with our priest and just started asking him questions. He responded, not with words as the medical equipment prevented him from speaking, but he responded, so I know that he heard us and knew that we were there.

I am sure that your father knew that you were there too and took great comfort from that. So, once again may God give you comfort during this difficult time and may God also bless the strangers who helped him allowing your family the time to be with him at the end.