View Single Post

Old 03-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
The following links will disprove the article mentioned in the Sun and affirm genetics is by far the largest contributor to Alzheimers. Studies and clinical drug trials are soon to start to attempt to prevent the disease rather than treat it. These studies will be conducted in Columbia South America due to the almost certainity people will develope the disease if they carry a certain gene mutation. Early onset Alzheimers can start in a person as early as their late thirties. A Genetech drug identified in the last URL has been selected for the trial as shown in the Fierce BioTech document.

CNN’s documentary “Filling the Blank” produced by Felipe Barral is about research and hope for early-onset Alzheimer’s both in Colombia and the United States. It was filmed by cameraman Greg Kilday. They interviewed my family and me in September 2010.
Watch the trailer.

There are four parts to the documentary.

Part 1 Alzheimer’s disease: Fear and Hope.
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Part 2 -Groundbreaking Alzheimer’s Study.

Part 3 -Waiting and Worrying.

Part 4 -The Search for an Alzheimer’s cure.

FDA to Alzheimer's researchers: Time to focus on very early stage patients - FierceBiotech

www.alzheimersblog.org/2012/11/15/scientists-discovered-alzheimers-gene/

Excellent presentation of facts, Keeping it Real. It is about early onset which is indeed familial (genetic) but the South American Study can't but help open new avenues for eventual light shed on all kinds of this cruel diseas as my friend KyWoman calls it.... I would hope. I would hope.