View Single Post

Old 04-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_hoosier View Post
With the success (revenue) that the Trail Package brings in, I've heard that consideration is being given to introduce a "Priority Package" kind of deal for the winter months on the executive courses.

You'd have the opportunity to purchase a 4-month EPP (Executive Priority Package) that would allow you and other EPP holders to gain priority on t-times till mid-afternoon. (That allows the "golf free for life" commitment to still hold true, but only after the mid-afternoon hours during Jan-April.)

There's even talk of adding a handicap system and daily tournaments for those who also buy the 9-hole handicap package for the 4 winter months.

Looks like you could do all this separate from the Trail Package deal...which doesn't seem like such a good deal in and of itself as it only looks good after the mid-afternoon time.

It's all just rumor as I don't have any inside knowledge, but sounds interesting.
I try never to say never, but I for one cannot see The Villages inflicting something that would be this discriminatory against the full time residents. What you are insinuating would mean stripping the full time residents of the most popular amenity offered and accepted that being free executive golf for life during any daylight hour.

One can pay the additional fee for the trail fee for your cart, but that does not interfere with your free for life if you walk. To restrict full time residents from this free for life amenity would be a legal contradiction to the original contract with 10's of thousands of residents.

FROM THE VILLAGES WEBSITE: That's right! As a Village resident you'll enjoy Free golf* for the rest of your life on all of our executive golf courses.

* Green fees on the executive courses are free for residents. There is no charge to a resident for walking. A trail fee (per person) is required for use of a golf car on the courses and may be paid daily, semi-annually or annually