View Single Post

Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
Not to get off subject to much but I need to explain my thoughts about Publix. They may offer some items others do not have and great customer service but at what price? I had never been to Publix before my Lifestyle visit but here are two items that opened my eyes. 1.) Lay's Light Potato Chips $3.99 / bag compared to $3.48 at Walmart. 2.) Coke 2 liter bottle 1.99 compared to $1.38 at Walmart. Bottom line is that Walmart is making a profit !
Take your receipt and comparison shop....you could probably fill up your golf cart all year round just on the savings.
The potato chips are a good example of name-brand products being BETTER in the store's own brand, at half the price. I find that in all major supermarket chains north and south, the store's own label is better product.....with more of it, for half the price of the brand-name.

As for WalMart making a profit.....yes, "but at what price?" Local businesses killed off by Walmart's no-wholesaler model would be glad to tell you "at what price".