View Single Post

Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
The potato chips are a good example of name-brand products being BETTER in the store's own brand, at half the price. I find that in all major supermarket chains north and south, the store's own label is better product.....with more of it, for half the price of the brand-name.

As for WalMart making a profit.....yes, "but at what price?" Local businesses killed off by Walmart's no-wholesaler model would be glad to tell you "at what price".
In some instances you may be right. The example I sighted was on name brands carried in both stores. A prime example would be the Walmart supercenter that was erected on the old Gator Hole driving range in North Myrtle Beach where we vacation annually. Since it opened at least 40 "new" businesses have opened around it with "new" employees. So when the house is built in TV we may shop for a few things at Publix but, the bulk will be at Walmart. I will enjoy the trip with the golf cart to Colony Shell, filling the tank on our continual savings. I suggest some loyal Publix customers take their most recent receipt to Walmart and compare. It may be an enlightening experience that will not lighten your wallet!