View Single Post

Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
Well last night we braved the rain and I do mean rain to venture North to Toscani's for dinner for the first time. We were not disappointed!! What a great dinner!! Entree's included soup or salad, along with wonderful garlic knots, small round crispy breads in a bowl with browned garlic and oil for dunking. I had a bowl of chicken soup, very rich broth, full of shredded chicken, sausage, veggies, zucchini, potatoes, a meal in itself.

My wife ordered Fettuccine Alfredo which she said was the best she has had, fresh ingredients. I ordered little neck clams with the red sauce. WOW! Full of clams in the shell, instead of pieces, with a red pan sauce, not a pasta sauce usually served, it was wonderful. Both of us brought food back home.

Dessert time but could not eat anymore so we took back with us our choice of dessert which are all homemade, Terimasu (spelling). Also choice of cannoli or carrot cake was available. Add a couple of Yuenglings and glass of white zin, great meal for a wet, cool, windy night.

They had a innovative menu for pizzas and sandwiches, really interesting mixes and toppings.

Would not hesitate to go back!!
Sounds great. It seems that they've enlarged their menu since we were there.......and that you made wonderful selections. Thanks for sharing.

We also enjoyed Toscani's as that was our closest shopping plaza. Much better than the Olive Garden as Toscani's makes their own stuff......such as their own mozarella cheese, sauce, etc. and desserts such as tiramisu.

Tiramisu translates to "pick me up" or "pull me up" in Italian.....guess because of the espresso coffee.

Reading the description of your dinner made me hungry.....so I'm going upstairs to "prep" to make some baked ziti.........and use up my ricotta cheese.

Toscani's has a Sicilian background, from New Jersey..........