View Single Post

Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyJ View Post
Using the written word to communicate can be a little tricky! As I have read everyone's posts, over time, I have started to see personalities come out. I feel sometimes if we are not careful with our words, it can be taken wrong. Some posts are just rude! But some seem to be written in a joking manner and are taken as an insult and may even be removed! I absolutely love people watching on here! If everyone was nice, polite and had the same opinion, I think I would stop reading! I say, keep being you! I love the diversity!
Pammy: I said essentially said the same thing concerning your comments on diverse points of view. And I also agree with your comments on communication. The culprit in my view is political correctness which essentially stifles communication. People have gotten so reactive. Speak one word for example illegal alien"" and get ready for a battle. This dilemma has created the wide division in our society. You mentioned that you review many of the posts and have developed a poster's profile. i wonder if we had a complete analysis would we find that some posters detested unpleasant comments just because they were unpleasant and labeled them negative and hence their authors negative. I hope not. I grew up in a neighborhood where you were encouraged to speak your mind with the caveat that you better be ale to back up your comments.

IMHO far too many people on TOTV obssess too much about what they perceive as negativity rather than determining if the comments are objective or subjective and then engaging in point and counterpoint vis a vis that poster is just too negative. By the way there is a book out entitld The Benefits of Negative Thinking. If you spend some time reading about Abraham Lincoln he utilized negation in order to make his point.