View Single Post

Old 04-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Platinum member

An old girlfriend of mine had always called me at 11 o'clock on the day of my birthday. We dated for 7 years (we were between 19-26) and then went our separate ways. We never lost our feelings for each other and although she was now married and had two kids of her own, she still made that phone call every year (despite her husbands disapproval) . When cancer took over her body at 40 years old, I visited her on her death bed. She told me then, "No matter what happens, I'll call you on your birthday...I promise"
Two months later, on my birthday on February 4th I got a phone call at exactly 11 o'clock. When I picked up the receiver the phone was full opf static before the call went dead. Whoever called never make a return call. (There was no caller ID in those days) Could it have been a wrong number or could it have been...... WE will never know, but although not a spiritual person I tend to lean toward the belief that it was her calling. I wrote a story in my writing college class about the experience and titled the story "A Call from Heaven." I got an A Plus on the story and hope to have it published with a collection of other stories some day.