Thread: New Irish Pub
View Single Post

Old 04-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

When I got done playing golf today I was real hungary and I thought we would try the place. My wife and I got there around 4pm, the parking lot was packed with about 30 cars, I was worried they might be too crowded.

When we got inside the place is much bigger than you would expect, about the size of Sonny's at LSL. The bar was packed like down at City Fire, it curves around the corner on the left when you're inside, probably 25 stools almost all taken. To the right is the dining room and then there is a patio outside, I saw mostly smokers out there. Fortunately it wasn't too crowded. I think most of the cars were the employees, they must of had 25 people on duty all wearing lime green shirts. We got a booth and I counted 15 TV's within the dining room. I almost didn't go because my Orioles were having their home opener on TV, I couldn't believe it when the TV right in front of me had the O's and Twins game on.

The inside reminded me of the Sonny's at LSL but not so dark, you could actually read the menu and see other people, I liked that it was well lit. It had much more atmosphere, reminded me of a sports bar up north but other than the TV's screens they didn't have a lot of memorabilia on the walls. We decided to get 20 wings and split them between my wife and me and then I got sweet tea. The tea was good size, tall but not a fat as those at Sonny's and was good but not great. I told the waitress we wanted wings that were like Buffalo Wings but not too hot. She said the medium were about right, not hot at all, maybe even we might try the hot.

The place began to fill up as we waited, probably a good 20 minutes for our wings. They were actually a little hotter than we liked, the taste was good but not great, I still prefer Sonny's wings. The waitress was nice but not very attentive, she stood at the end of the seating area and never asked if I needed more tea. I finally had to ask another waitress for more sweet tea, there must of been 20 servers running around the place, no joke. I guess they were training. When we were done she saw our napkins were filthy and said, when I ate ten wings the other day I must of needed 6 or 7 napkins, she never asked us if we needed more napkins, which we did. I guess you could say she seemed a little ditsy.

On the way to restroom I noticed the dining area had another room in the back with 4 or 5 booths that were not being used, maybe for parties or rental, I don't know. I will definitely go again but will try something else. One odd thing was when I pulled into the street at the red light a county cop was parked next to the entrance to the parking lot, I hope they're not going to be there all the time, could discourage some customers. The atmosphere was very hospitable and everyone was having a good time, and I don't see how the place is going to lack for business when they just opened Wednesday with no advertising and the place was packed at 5pm when we left.