View Single Post

Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Rusty Duck getting rusty????

First time at Rusty Duck was a magnificent experience. Had the queen cut prime rib and it was delicious, tender and enough to take some home. Service was impeccable. Three courses with time in between to socialize with your friends....just great. Owner sent time with us and told us how she got the restaurant started....personable lady.

Last time.....different story. Ordered the queen cut prime rib again, but this time they must have brought me a end-cut. Crusty exterior and interior so tough that I had serious difficulty cutting it with the serrated knife and was near impossible to chew and was tasteless. Brought this to the waiters' attention and told him I didn't want a free meal, but he should let the owner know so she could have a word with her meat supplier.....must have been a bad approach on my part. The owner was not there and the waiter told the chef.....duh????? The waiter made no apology, suggestion for another or something else and did not even reduce the bill much less remove the entre altogether. Not good.

Afterwards, I learned that a friend had similiar experience....his food came cold, the had it returned for another hot entre and then saw his original order (he had cut into it) served to another table. Owner came out and was not at all polite.

Maybe we'll try again, but then again.....it's an hour or more drive from The Villages....may we won't try again.

Too bad....alas and alack.