View Single Post

Old 04-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In Cincinnati many of our nice Malls have become "trouble spots" where teens who do NOT go to school hang out. Some cases of armed robbery in parking lots are reported. Malls are not as safe and fun in some towns as they used to be.

What is your feeling about this? How are Malls in your old home town? Am I a Dora Doom...or is this somewhat of a concern if a Mall does come close to Brownwood?

Just read this today on current news on the Computer and got me to thinking.

NOT that we could do anything about it.

The future of the American mall- MSN Money
G-Person...
I really don't think you're going to see any sort of large-style mall coming to TV and/or Brownwood. They would have to attract far too many people to keep all the stores happy. I just don't see it. So I don't think that's a worry.

However..with that said..you might see something akin to what's up at the corner of 441 & Rolling Acres where a Macy's or some such anchor will come in to a medium size strip-block.

As far as your concerns about a nearby mall being a home for 21st century juvenile delinquents..I know that when we were living in Baltimore, the Towson Town Center had a strict 18 & under curfew, and I know of other malls that have done the same thing to keep the trouble under control. But if they came around Brownwood..where would the kids come from? Probably some from Wildwood and some from L-Burg, but I don't think it would be something that was unmanageable.