View Single Post

Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
We also have Coolaroos. Went to Lowes and picked out the color, then their agent came to our place and measured, we picked up to save the $35 fee, then made an appointment with the installer to have them put up. Custom fit and finish. Paid a flat fee for install. We can see out but difficult to see in except if we have our lanai lights on, then more visible. But that was not the reason why we have them. Lanai faces west and we cook at night along with our dinner. Only issue I have is the way to tie them down to keep from blowing in on windy days.
That is just what we did. Got a message that we need to come in to have the Lowes person tell us the cost today.

Trish...they are custom. I am anxious to know how much they will be and whether I don't think we should pay that much and Sweetie does. (our usual approach to any purchase over a hundred bucks) I will tell you all what they cost.

Installer says to roll them up when it's windy. The options; snaps and velcro don't seem to work as per neighbors. At home we had rattan shades that we held down with something screwed into the frame and we tied the cord to it. This will have a continuous beaded pull on one side only that raises and lowers them. I can't figure out how we can tie them down either. Wind IS an issue here.

I want them, but hate to spend the money.

Gracie the penny pincher.