View Single Post

Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Fiddler Backs (brown recluse) spiders are very bad here in OK. Especially outside the city. Spiders, ants, rodents ect... (anything that breaths are easily kill by airseal canisters (Black flag, raid) bug bombs for the do it yourselfer. I have to bomb about every 4 to 6 months where I live. But, You have to read the label, follow the instructions and use resperator when setting them off. Course no pilots or applances can be on while bug bombing.

Fiddler backs are wondering spiders they do NOT make webs, the catch their prey on the fly (or eight legs, archnids). In older homes they will go up in the attic during the day time and come down at night to hunt. So just doing the inside of the house will not get the majority of them. You have to do the attic also or basement or crawl space.

There's worst spider thats making it way across USA from the NorthWest called the wondering spider which looks similar to the brown recluse but twice or three times as bad bit.

Black widows rarely come inside and are web spider and love shoes left out on the patio's. Do NOT leave you shoes outside and stick you foot in them without checking them. Here we also have abundents of Black widows at night when I shine my flash light around the house in the flowers and I can see the Hour glass shinning back at me. Rarely have problem with black widows but I don't leave nothing outside (gloves, shoes, jackets for them to crawl into.

We have orbweaver spiders here also which only come out at night and make the big webs across paths from tree to tree. I got bit by one few years ago. They say they are harmless ( guess that means your arm don't fall off) it was nasty sore that took months to heal. Not as bad as brown recluse but wasn't harmless IMO with non-healing hole size of quarter for months.