View Single Post

Old 04-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I respectfully disagree. The developer built the store at Colony for Publix too and probably does get a percentage. That is common to do business that way in strip mall retail areas. EVERYWHERE. I am surprised that some people don't know this is common practice. Are you supposed to not make money when you are in business?

I heard a LONG time ago that Sweetbay was slated to go where it went.

The practice described is economics 101, even earlier than that we learned it in general business courses in junior high.

Please don't make the developers out to be greedy when they are just doing business in established and accepted ways.

Most grocery stores almost everywhere do not own their buildings and are doing the same thing.

Here is another little secret. If you paid twenty dollars for the shirt you are wearing, the store you bought it from paid ten for it and the fabric manufacturer made a profit too. That is common business practice and it isn't wrong to make money.

I googled this and this is the first of hundreds of things like it that came up. I don't spend time researching Miss 100.

http://web.mit.edu/cre/students/faculty/pdf/rlease3.pdf
What Gracie said is correct!

PLUS along those same lines....clothing with a "name" on it is made by a factory which goes to a vendor. The tags are put on before the vendor and can be from a plethora of "names". So if you had something that said "Smith" on it and it seemed exclusive---don't be impressed because another vendor would get the same article(s) and could have another "name" put on it. The price would go by which "name" was on the item!! I learned this in a college class as well. Very quickly helped me NOT to be impressed with a "name". It's the Free Enterprise System!!! God Bless America!!

I heard (again one of those rumors) that Publix was going somewhere down by hwy 44.