View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome and there you are with your first post.

Do you know what you have when you have a lawyer buried up to his neck in sand? (apologies to the lawyers in my family)

I can't remember EVER having been asked to sign this form. I am sure you are right and I am sure you are very concerned with our welfare, on the other hand...You just might not represent the concerns of most of us who live here in The Villages. Sounds like just a little bit of trouble to me.
Gracie, I usually agree with you, but I don't think we should dismiss the original post just because it is his first. There are some very good points made by the poster. I have signed these releases every year I have been here because I thought I had to in order to participate in the many activities I enjoy. Why should I sign away any legal rights if I don't have to? If I don't sign the release next year, can I be prohibited from participating in activities? If I am prohibited from participating, will my amenities fee be refunded? I have always thought that even if I sign a release, if I am injured due to someone's negligence then I still have the right to sue. Is that still true if I sign the release?