View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
When they feel they can pack it full like colony. That's the kind of traffic retailers love !!
Bing! Bing!! BING!!! WINNER!!!! None of these companies is going to open and staff a store that is going to be half-full when they can over-pack a current operating location.

Most companies have business percentage goals to reach before they will even consider opening another operation that is near-by to a current store. The Darden Restaurant Group (Dead Lobster/Olive Garden/Longhorn) requires that it's current location be operating CONTINUALLY at 110% of daily expectations before it will even think about adding a new near-by store.

If you have to wait a little bit, they don't care. I don't say this in a mean way. They KNOW you will wait, because you've made a CHOICE.

Whether it's a grocery store or restaurant there are tremendous start-up costs that include building, staffing, operating licenses, insurance, payroll, stocking and all those things that go with opening a new facility. These successful businesses are not going to upset their apple cart by rushing into laying out a few million bucks because some grumpy people on a website decide that they need to open a store. They are going to stick to their long-term plan and do what works best for THEIR bottom-line. Which, BTW..is what SUCCESSFUL businesses do.

So when the time is right for THEM, then you will see a new store.