View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It isn't an IRS investigation of the developer. It isn't that he isn't paying his income tax. The investigation has been going on for more than five years as to whether a CDD can issue municipal bonds and not pay federal taxes on them. There are other CDD's in Florida but of course, The Villages is the largest.

Recently it was determined that the Morse organization did not make a profit on the entities that they turned over to the CDD's, which included real property such as the Savannah Center and other rec centers.

To all wannabees, do your due diligince on every issue and if you are still concerned, please don't buy here.

Also for people considering buying here, you cannot buy a new home and write a contingincy and you cannot get a loan on a new home using FHA or VA. There is a separate bond that you must pay that is the cost of the infrastructure and it is about 23K for a designer and is NOT figured into the cost of a new home and that is unlike any other place I have lived. When you pay a deposit on a home they won't refund it and the developer is enormously rich and invites representatives of a certain political party to speak at the squares. The paper is slanted politically and the majority of the people living here vote for a certain party.

I don't want any ugly surprises for anyone considering buying here because you are not being forced to.

OH...and you will find a good share of oldish people living here and some of them are fat.

Suits us just fine, but it isn't for everybody.

Nobody knows if the STD rate is high, but some think it is a big fib.

But...we are all alive and still kicking and who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

AND if a certain poster sends me another PM asking how much the developer pays me ...I am going to either cry or cuss.
OMG, I love it !!!!