View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
A couple months ago I posted asking why the water pressure in my clothes washer was bad, while pressure at the rest of my outetls was good.

I got good responses from several people suggesting that I check the inlet hose or the washer inlet for a screen and see if it was clogged. That advice was good. There was a screen at the washer connection and it was full of gunk. I cleaned it out and the water pressure returned to normal.

However, within a couple of weeks I was right back to the same problem. Took the hose connection apart and again it was all clogged with the same sandy, rusty looking gunk the consistency just lighter than peanut butter.

Went back, cleaned it out..and well..a couple more weeks later..Guess what?? Today I just finished it's 4th cleaning.

Now we have only lived in the house since 2/1/13 so I don't know if this was a problem before, although I would guess that it was.

What I don't understand is that we have aerator screens in all our faucets and flow-screens in the shower heads and they are NOT clogging. Since the line to the clothes washer is just another water supply line, no differrent than any other line in the house, WHY does that one only clog with this gunk?

Does anyone have any idea why, or where this gunk is coming from?

Many thanks.
It could be old hose lines. Stainless steel are the safest anyway.