View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty6971 View Post
Is all that gunk in both the hot and cold lines? If only the hot, and the cold is fine then it might be something connected with the water heater. I'm not a plumber or water heater expert but you might have a plumber take a look from that angle.

You might also hook up a long water hose to the water faucet and then let it run for a good five minutes or so. Shame to waste all that water but maybe the line needs to be flushed???? I would be worried also that the line into the dish washer and the refrigerator ice maker could get clogged up.
We rarely use a full hot water wash, but when we do, the water runs fast & fine. The line that constantly clogs is the cold water supply.

I actually did take a hose and hook up the line and flushed it today. I had gotten that advice from my father-in-law, so I gave it a shot. Only time will tell if that makes a difference.

To the poster who wondered if it might be crossed to the irrigation line, we're not.

The pipes in the house are the PVC or whatever plastic they make them out of. My old house in PA was copper.

Again, since all of the faucets (kitchen/bath) have aerator screens they should be clogging as well, but they are not. All the water there, as well as the showers & toilet feeds run fast & fine.

It's pretty odd.