View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 AM
KatieDidNot

Pest Control is separate than lawn care. I use Deans, who is one of the companies that is "one stop shopping". I think they might be a little more expensive than some of the smaller companies, but so far, I have really liked them.

For lawn care they mow, edge, weed my flower beds, and fertilize, weed, and kill insects or eliminate disease in the lawn.

For pest control, they maintain my current termite contract and termite insurance policy, spray my entire house exterior bi-monthly to include shrubs and flower gardens. Additionally, they include unlimited service calls if I notice bugs in a shrub or anywhere else.

I do my own indoor pest control on a as needed basis, but they will do that as well, along with irrigation, and the pruning of shrubs and trees.

Specific critters you need to watch out for are termites, fire ants, black ants, white flies, and mole crickets. Those are the big ones. If you start getting roaches, I would personally recommend a professional do the job vs. trying to do it yourself.

Hope this was helpful.