View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Signing or not signing the liability waiver does not make a bit of difference. It is a de facto agreement.

My advice - enjoy the activities and do not worry about suing someone. Cross that bridge when something happens to you due to another party's neglience.

Remember that the Developer has a legal team that is the best money can buy - much better than any of us who post on this forum!
Class envy should not be brought into it. Any attorney worth his salt in this area of legal practice should be able to interpret and advise on what the waiver entails for his client.

And, the developer's ability to pay for legal teams is no excuse for us to not read what we sign. We have to be our own first advocate and take responsibility for what we sign.

I have sometimes crossed out certain phrases and written in my own wording and initialed it when it's something like this, done on the fly (like starting a class or team sport). It may or may not ultimately hold up in court, but at least we've then shown we're paying attention and not just going along assuming we can claim victim status if there's an injury or damage.