View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539 View Post
I have a lantana and the second bedroom or den has one window. For the past few weeks, at night, there are hundreds of little bugs that seem to come out of the seams along the frame of the window. The window has plantation shutters. The bugs are a mixture of tiny specs to slightly larger. I don't think they fly or at least I don't see them flying but the larger bug has wings because they seem to flutter.

I don't have pest service, I stopped that last year. My husband sprays the outside around the window with home pest spray; he put down pest stuff under the window, he's sealed around the windows.'

Last night I used non chemical insect repellent inside when I saw several scattering about. This works but I just don't want to do that every night. The mixture is lemongrass oil and the smell isn't nice so I couldn't sit in the den last night.

Short of hiring a pest service, is there any other suggestions out there. The bugs seem attracted to the white crown molding because they crawl around up near the ceiling where the molding is. If I shut the light, it doesn't deter them or make them go away.

This is the only window its happening to. We did have new landscaping put in right before this started (stone work) so I been thinking this may have caused it. But we sprayed the stone several times with repellent.
Is your lot near any body of water and/or near a golf course? If it is, these bugs could be "blind mosquitos" as was told to me by Massey (my provider) at the time when I also had a similar experience. I lived very close to Kilmangaro Golf Course where they were coming from, especially in the early morning to noontime hrs.. (according to my Massey tech)