View Single Post

Old 04-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum member
Default buying new vs resale cyv

I know this has been discussed but as I get closer to actually making a purchase, I find myself going back and forth on whether to buy new or a resale. I know I want a cyv. It will just be me living there, but I don't know if I should get the extra bedroom--would love opinions on that--because once I decide there's no changing.

I always assumed I'd buy a resale, but frankly, the ones on the market are priced more than a new one and most don't offer a lot of extras. Seems location above 466A is the justification for the cost. The also may have larger yards, which I assumed I'd like but now I'm thinking I don't really want a yard to care for. The new ones have a small amount of grass for my dogs and a small area for plantings. Do I really need more?

I also didn't think I'd want to be south of 466A but now that doesn't seem as much of a determinant and I do find it appealing that all the neighbors would be starting out at the same time.

Anyway, I'd welcome any input from those who might have gone through a similar thought process in their decision making, what they decided, and if they feel they made the right choice. Thanks.