View Single Post

Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2 View Post
Vice President, Joe Biden, was one of my professors when I was a student at Widener Law School (in Delaware). We had some interesting discussions on constitutional law.
I''ll bet. Walter Mondale showed up at the University of Minnesota Law School while I attended it (1986-1989)(Class of 1989) as well as after when I was working in the Law Library cataloging all the WESTLAW files; doing a little reference; checking Document Delivery for a cute nose ringed blonde female U of MN student and a guy U of MN student that used to ask me quite often how my many language courses I was taking at the U of MN were going (Italian, Dutch, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese); and cataloging foreign language materials. Why was I taking all those languages was because of the cataloging of foreign materials. I had won the Outstanding Reader of French Award while at the University of Nevada, Reno so I did not take any more of that language and had taken some Spanish at the College of San Mateo as a hobby just before going to Law School in 1986. My German--also taken at the University of Nevada, Reno-- had become really rusty, so I had taken some more of that.

Caesar Chavez, Ralph Nader and a few other notable people lectured at the U of MN Law School as guests as well.

Wish I could remember the names of the cute nose-ringed blonde and the curious guy library worker about my progress in languages as my claiming doing Document Delivery on my resume and that Law Library not backing me up cost me quite a large number of job interviews going South notably at the Washoe County Courthouse Law Library in Reno, Nevada and at the mainly African American law school of North Carolina Central University in Durham. People at the law library in Circulation had asked me to help with Document Delivery. Kind of a surprise when you fly or drive a long way and then find out that a former employer is poking holes in your resume. So, for that and other reasons my experiences at the U of MN Law School and Library were quite tainted.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-11-2013 at 08:04 AM.