View Single Post

Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
The new are easy to look at as the price is set, but if your looking to take advantage of someone wanting to leave, then look at resales and low ball them. We bought new and feel good about our choice of purchasing. I would not be comfortable profiting from someones misfortune.
Why would you look at it as profiting from someone's misfortune. Why would you not recognize that you are helping someone out of a bad situation.

I bought my house from a guy that had to move back up north and needed to sell in a hurry. He was very happy to take a small loss and was grateful that I came along. Another house in my neighborhood sold because the owner had died and his kids wanted nothing to do with it. They were very happy to take an amount considerably below market value to get the thing off their backs.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.