View Single Post

Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Now I'm lost ...
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...750-post2.html A lot of these links are dead ends. They were active at one time.

This might explain it a bit better. That's the link above. I wrote everyone I could think of during my massive effort to improve the game for survivors of crimes unwillingly dragged into the legal system. These people could fit a huge number of categories-- a survivor of a mass shooting, a rape victim, a battered woman, etc. Also though a battered woman who fights back who becomes a defendant in a case, someone who stupidly takes the law in their own hands in some vigilante action, a beaten up defendant in some prison setting, etc.

I do not see things in black and white. It is often very hard to define who is actually the victim from case-to-case.

Many of the people I tried to get involved with this are rich and famous. I never met any of them but tried to tell my story as much as I could and as well as I could over the Internet. Celebrities do have e-mail addresses as do news programs, TV shows, etc. I posted supporting documents for instance on Findlaw's message boards I believe starting in 2002. The sysop told me when I first starting posting that it would be a perfect vehicle for my fight. A few days after that I became cannon fodder for every lawyer and law student it seemed on Findlaw's message boards. The sysop commiserated and really could not explain how everything went so wrong so quickly. It got worse and worse as a defendant from Chesterfield County, Virginia I tried to help targeted every post I made on Findlaw with remarks little better than you would find on a Junior High School bathroom wall but these troll postings continued unabated for years until the defendant bragged about what he had done on Findlaw with years of baiting. It took me a long time to figure out who was doing this to me.

A lot of people however saw the documents I posted on Findlaw's message boards which showed significant support for improving access to survivors/victims to information. It should be a common sensical no brainer, but....

...call the local libraries and sheriffs' offices to find out why they do not have the Florida Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/directory linked on their websites. This seems like something that would be extremely easy to do and is just common sense. I also doubt if there is much if any cost involved with adding such a link to sites that should be used to advertise help for survivors/victims of crimes.

I also remember a woman on Findlaw who was in serious need of help with finding mental health resources in her area of the Tennessee/Kentucky border near some military base. Her military service boyfriend was trying to help her but the cops did not seem to do much of anything and she ended up driving her car into oncoming traffic and killing herself and probably also the people she drove her vehicle into. If I remember correctly she had seen her mother murdered and had suffered from long term depression as well as self-mutilating. The boyfriend also had mentioned that she was strikingly beautiful and very persuasive when she wanted to be.

Would also for that reason and many others like to see more links in logical places--like public libraries and sheriff's offices-- to mental health resources in the area.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-12-2013 at 08:41 AM.