View Single Post

Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Gold member

Ok, a few observations on my part.

The assumptions by a few posters here that the reason to buy in Stonecrest is to get a bigger house for the money is clearly misguided. It might be in some cases but it certainly wasn’t for me. I knew what I wanted to spend and what I wanted, and Stonecrest fit the bill quite nicely. Furthermore, the concept that the breadth of clubs in TV would surely satisfy anyone’s needs unless they wanted to sit by the pool with a book is certainly not always the case either.

I found exactly what I wanted in Stonecrest and had enough left over to buy my dreamboat “Let’s Sea”. A Trophy 1902 walk around beauty (see attached). And I joined the Triangle Boat Club in Tavares to travel to many of the wonderful lakes, rivers, and ocean bays all over central Florida with other members. Some of whom by the way are TV residents.

Having lived all my life in Massachusetts where it takes an act of god and permission from the chief of police in your town to purchase a firearm, I was finally able to pursue my desire to get into recreational shooting here in Florida where all you need is a clean record and a pulse. So I joined the Ocala Sportsman’s Association and the Tavares Gun Club and have built a small collection of fine firearms that I enjoy shooting from time to time.

Clearly, these clubs are not available in Stonecrest, but they’re not available in TV either. So those of you who are graduates of the Jennifer Parr school of TV Salesmanship should really consider embracing the “different strokes for different folks” attitude.

But one thing is absolutely undeniable. None of the wonderful public restaurants, retail, and medical facilities here would be possible if not for The Villages.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (146.8 KB, 130 views)