View Single Post

Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thanks to many of you for your kind words. I know that you have many choices for a Home Inspector, and appreciate that you put your trust in me.

I also know it could be a bit scary hiring someone you do not know to inspect EVERY nook and cranny of your home. That level of trust is something I do not take lightly.

I normally do "new buyer" inspections and "warranty inspections". Recently though, I was hired to do a different type of inspection, and I thought I'd share it with you.

I had a very nice client who was having a designer home built. The home was JUST finished, and she was flying here for the closing and to have a final walk through with the builder.

The home was beautiful. The new owner was concerned that she might not know what to look for that the builder should address before they moved in. She felt more at ease having a well written professional report done by an ASHI Certified Inspector in her hand when she met the builder.

I found 37 issues that she had the builder take care of before they moved in. Most of them were minor things, but the fact that they were found and were going to be addressed BEFORE they moved in was in her opinion worth every penny of the inspection. Moving into new home and getting settled is hard enough without having workmen in your new home fixing things as you find them.

She was very pleased with the inspection and told me she would have me back in 10-11 months to do their one year warranty inspection.

For me it was a great experience because I was able to not only find things that are apparent with a brand new build, but it also taught me that there are most likely issues that do not show up right after the build, but often DO show up within that year.

I apologize for the long post. It's a subject I never tire of....

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo, ACI