Thread: Guitar clubs?
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb9006 View Post
I'd like to find something where we play rock music instead of the old "country" songs that most of these groups play. Anything like that available?
This morning at the Acoustic Guitar Club I did Rock This Town by the Stray Cats and Twenty Flight Rock by Eddie Cochran. People do Elvis, Ricky Nelson and a few other rock n roll songs. True many of the clubs seem to be very heavily country biased, but you can find places to play whatever you want.

Go to these clubs and you'll meet people with similar interests. You can then get together with them or form your own club.

I had a friend try to start a rock and roll club and it didn't get anywhere. This was partly because his wife became ill and he really couldn't dedicate the time to it.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.