View Single Post

Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POCA View Post
Three of us stopped by Havana April 24 at about 3:00 PM to have a drink after golf. The drink special was a "Flamingo". One of my friends ordered that. She had a choice of rum or vodka in her drink. She chose vodka. The waitress came back in a minute and asked her if she wanted rum or vodka. Afew more minutes passed and another server came out and asked her if she wanted rum or vodka. But my concern is with the bill.
Our total bill came to $8.56. I paid with a $20 bill.
I received $11 dollars in change. I lost about 44 cents in that deal. This seems to be a consistent pattern. A while back I had a sandwich for lunch. My bill had come to seven dollars and some change. They gave me twelve dollars back. I lost about 70 cents on that deal. They seem to round up in the restaurant's favor, not the customers.
I tried to call the manager twice when I got home, and its telephone line mailbox is full. You are given a recorded message to hang up. I eventually was able to contact the manager, Maria. Though she asked some questions, I got the impression she didn't believe me. She said that it must just be me. She wanted me to come back and get my change. I told her that it wasn't the money, it was the principle of the situation.
I have learned my lesson. I won't go back. The amount of money lost is trivial, but it is the inferior service and treatment of the customer that is lacking.
Based on my experiance, not going back may be the best thing you can do for your stomach!