View Single Post

Old 04-28-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Since I know both of you I ask that u please take 8 minutes to watch this video then tell me what you think

Check out the video below by Jeff Novick. about 8 min.

Olive Oil is NOT Health Food but Sick Food - YouTube

Ounce for ounce, olive oil is one of the most fattening, calorically dense foods on the planet. The bottom line is that oil will add fat to our already plump waistlines, heightening the risk of disease, including diabetes and heart attacks, says Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

Dr. Esselstyn agrees, stating that between 14 and 17% of olive oil is saturated, artery-clogging fat, every bit as aggressive in promoting heart disease as the saturated fat in roast beef.
I respect your opinion Jimbo, but there as just as many (and even more) reports and proponents for the benefits of olive oil as there are for anti olive oil opinions. I trust the mainstream doctors and knowledge and the majority says we need some fat in the diet, and olive oil not only gives you the best needed fat for your needs, but actually PREVENTS heart attacks and strokes and helps your metabolism. I agree that there is a lot of debate, but everyone deserves their own opinion and as long as it is used in moderation, I believe its benefits outweight any negatives. I respect your disagreement, though