View Single Post

Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMtnBoy View Post
I have to agree with the other posters who recommend Tri-County Automotive. I just returned from there with my '08 Ford Expedition that had a squeal in one of the brakes. I didn't have an appt but Ritchie told me to come on in if I didn't mind waiting. I got there and left the car. Came back an hour later and Richie told me that I needed new brakes on the rear. He also warned me that the lug nuts were on too tight and they might break when removed. I told him to go ahead and try. The mechanic (nice kid) got the lug nuts loose and proceeded with the brake job. Ritchie looked at the rotors and advised that they be replaced due to excessive rust on same. He gave me the info to make an informed choice but used no pressure. I elected to have the rotors replaced also. The entire bill was $300 including labor and he even upgraded me to ceramic brake pads at no charge. I am more than satisfied with the service and ethics of this business and will go there in the future when the need arises. Great job, guys!!!

He could tell that the lug nuts were on too tight...just by looking?

And rust on the rotors?

In my mind, that's just a little weird.

Glad you're happy though.

As to Tire Choice...never again!!

When the guy kept telling me about their "loyalty card" and how much it could save on future oil changes, I asked him point blank..."what's the catch?"

After looking me straight in the eye and saying, "there's no catch"...I said OK.

I figured it was like any other loyalty card/club, such as for airlines and hotels.

When he handed me the application (I should have known right there), it only took a second to see they were asking for my SS#.

When I asked him why they needed it, he mumbled..."to check your credit."

That's when it dawned on me...that I was filling out a credit card application!

I glared at him and said in a loud enough voice for the patrons in the waiting room to hear.."You just lied to me!! May karma pay you back a hundred fold!".

Yeah, I was more than a little peeved.