View Single Post

Old 04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Interesting new test for heart disease risk

Thought that this might be of interest to those interested in the cholesterol and heart disease connection.

NMR Lipoprofile May Help Determine Your Heart Disease Risk

Looks like some of the old ideas that have guided the medical community choices might now be in question.

As always, it is just some interesting information to consider when making decisions for yourself. As a side note I ordered some Red Palm Oil that Dr. Oz recommended. It is interesting to cook with and apparently has even more benefits than coconut oil which is the only oil I use for cooking. First pressed cold pressed extra virgin olive oil is best used for salads as it is best used unheated.

I too eat an egg a day and have never been on any Rx in my 70 years. I do use homeopathics and practice Tai Chi and other "alternative" practices and I've tried many different "diets" for health. Currently I am on the 8 hour eating plan, while eliminating grains (except rice on occasion) and sugars, take 1/2 tsp of "Real Salt" sea salt daily and about 8drops of 5% Lugol's solution iodine/iodide to support a low thyroid which is doing really quite well now. I haven't been this weight since before I had kids and any cravings have gone. I believe that this is due to the intermittent fasting that the 8 hour plan creates, as it is helps to reset insulin and leptin receptors.

I have a real concern about the vegetarian approach as the main source of protein is often soy and soybased products. Since most of the soy is GMO I could not choose to go there. Also I was following a plant based diet a number of years ago, and soy milk etc was very "in" and it was after that, that I really noticed a drop in the thyroid function and a few years later, I learned about the soy/thyroid connection and went back to a moderate meat diet. My energy level returned and I never went back to just plants. Perhaps it is my Asian chemistry, but I do better on some animal products in my diet.

Each person is chemically different so it really is important to listen to your body. It is always giving you feedback and talking to you. If you ignore it, it will find another way to get your attention. It's always better to listen to it before it sends you to bed sick to get you to rest and recoup!

LW888