View Single Post

Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanofwoodbury View Post
Another I would not recommend is Phillips Toyota in Leesburg.
I took my 2005 Toyota Matrix to them as I had a noise I wanted checked out. They said it was a pipe in the muffler. They also did an oil change that I did not request, they adjusted the breaks and a few minor things. Total bill $1989.00. Took 4-5 days to get part.
After getting the car back I did not drive it for a few days. But, when I started to drive the noise was still there. Brought it back to Phillips and they said it was the ball bearing in one tire. Cost $780.00 approx. I told them I would not pay that amount as I already had the car in a week ago for the same problem. Had to get the sales manager involved after repeated phone calls. Tried to get in touch with the owner, he was never there. Called the business office for the owner's email and was told he did not have one??? So, they said they would charge me for the part only... 2 days alter the bill is approx. $340.00, they shared me for there cost, not the cost of the part. Tried again to reach owner, no email address they said and he was out of the office... Email to service and sales manager never answered. I will not go back again.....No customer service, unreliable service center.
I was told they do not test cars once they have been fixed....
$1,989.00?!?!?!?!?!

What in the world did they do to it...and did they get permission from you and give you an estimate first?

This is so outrageous, I would be looking at legal action.